Yesterday we got a call all parents fear. Loren's blood work was abnormal and she needed to come straight in for more testing. Evidently her platelet count was extremely low...so low she would need immediate medical care. So I put the numbing cream on her arms, loaded up the kids (right as I was about to put them both down for a nap, of course) and we headed back to the clinic. Clay met me there...and right from the start things seemed better with Loren. She loved that she got the room decorated with Disney princesses. They first put heating packs on each arm, and then Clay held her while they attempted to draw blood. I read her a Disney princess book, and before long they had the blood they needed to do all the tests :) Don't get me wrong, she was still screaming, but it was better. So finally late last night the doctor called to say the platelet count came back normal this time. Seems that the bad drawl the day before probably skewed the results. Thank You, God!
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
hey ya'll! we're glad things went ok with Loren and that the tests came back normal! we're thinking of her!
So that means no Celiac? What a relief! I'm so happy to hear it.
I'm sure having to put her through all those blood draws was a nightmare. :-(
Post a Comment