Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

We had a great Thanksgiving with Clay's family in San Marcos. We ate LOTS of very yummy food, and did lots of hanging out, Guitar Hero, a trip over to Gruene, and shopping. Which leads me to black Friday....
I have never been one of those people willing to get up really early just to save $5...but when you can save $75...I decided it was worth it. So Clay and I got up Friday morning at 4:30 am, left the house at 4:45 and drove 20 minutes to the closest HEB Plus store in Kyle, TX to get this superb deal on a Power Wheels Barbie Jeep for the girl's Christmas present. We roll in at 5:05, 5 minutes after they opened to find a packed parking lot, and I began to worry. Clay dropped me at the door and I ran in asking everyone I could find where the Barbie Jeeps were. This lady walks me to this big empty space where the Barbie Jeeps were. WERE! Yes, they were gone in 5 minutes! We got up at 4:30 am for NOTHING. Well, it didn't end up being nothing at all...the outlet mall had opened at midnight, and we were shocked to see a packed parking lot when we had driven by at 4:45 am...so Clay dropped me at the outlet mall around 5:30, and he went to stand in line at Office Depot for a good deal on a laptop. I did find lots of good deals and got a lot of Christmas shopping done Friday morning as the sun came up. Clay found a good deal on a laptop for us (yea!)...so all in all...we didn't feel too terrible about the whole thing. We have decided not to get the Barbie Jeep at full price...maybe for Loren's birthday...but I guess it's our little protest to the Barbie Jeep for now :)


mmm...turkey

Gruene, TX
Aunt Summer and Uncle Isaiah



0 comments: