Thursday, February 4, 2010

Guiltless Guacamole

I LOVE guacamole. Preferably with a big margarita to go with it. But that kinda defeats this post...this is about guiltless guacamole...

My entire family LOVES guacamole...most of my friends LOVE guacamole (preferably with the big margarita)...but I have a feeling they'll all give this a thumbs up!

My mom gave me this recipe recently and I decided to try it today...and I found it worthy to be posted on the blog! Next time you want a big batch of guacamole without all the fat...plus some fiber and protein...use this!

Here it is:
Guiltless Guacamole
1 can white kidney beans (I bought organic, low salt to feel extra good about this recipe)
1 lime juiced
1 jalapeno, seeded (I started with a half so it would not be too spicy for the kids)
1/2 c. cilantro
1/4 c. chopped sweet onion
salt
1 ripe avocado
2 small plum tomatoes, chopped
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t cumin
1/4 t pepper

In food processor puree beans with lime. Transfer to a bowl. Add jalapeno, cilantro, onion and salt to food processor and process until juicy and thick. Scoop avocado to the bowl with beans and mash roughly with a fork. Add onion mixture and tomatoes. Season to taste with more salt, pepper, garlic powder, & cumin (and lime if needed).

0 comments: