For years we have sponsored precious little Wiston from Nicaragua through Compassion. We have exchanged numerous letters over the years, and some of my favorites are pictures they send of the things he buys with money we send him for his birthday. It is so meaningful and I highly recommend everyone do this. It is only $32 a month.
Now we are blessed to also be sponsoring a child, Gloria, in Rwanda through Africa New Life Ministries. My dear, sweet childhood friend Natalie has recently gone to work for this ministry and is in Rwanda right now! I asked that if she find a child in need of sponsoring while there, please tell them we will be that child's sponsor :) Like Compassion, it is a legit, worthwhile ministry in the business of changing kid's lives in the poorest of areas. Please consider sponsoring a child for a mere $35 a month.
This is from Natalie's blog (THANK YOU NATALIE)
Hicks family...meet your sponsored child, Gloria!
Meet Gloria!.jpg)
She is full of life! .jpg)
She loves her sisters and bothers so much. And she loved that you have two little girls in your family!.jpg)
Please pray for her father as he looks for a job after his accident...he lost his arm. Please also pray for her mother and she is living with HIV..jpg)
They thank God for your family. They just kept praising God for your sponsorship and asked that I communicate their thanks and praise to God for you!
Thursday, February 4, 2010
A Child Across the World
Posted by Maryann at 10:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I love this! I saw it on Natalie's blog too and think it is so amazing that she is able to hand pick these families- just amazing!
Post a Comment