Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Big Girl Bed

This past Sunday we moved Camryn to her big girl bed! We had slowly been warning her over the past week, ever since her bed arrived in the mail from Pottery Barn. It took us a little while to get it put together and get her a mattress, so we talked about it and she knew her time in the crib was coming to an end. The transition has gone much better than expected, because every time we had mentioned her new big girl bed...she would respond with "No Big Girl Bed", and act very attached to her crib.
We got her bed all assembled and called her up to her room Sunday evening, and in place of her crib was her bed...she loved it and we could hardly get her to come out. I actually had to bribe her back downstairs with candy :) She has been sleeping soundly in it ever since. And not getting out I might add!

I have loved our baby bedding and stuff...it has served our 2 little girls well...and it was a little sad to move it out for good (I am going to be searching for a good home for it all soon)...but it's been fun decorating a new room and seeing some change from the baby stuff I have looked at for 4 1/2 years!

Here's a peek at the new room...I love that we used dark wood and bright colors, in comparison with Loren's off white and sage green furniture and pastel colored bedding. It still has quite a few needs for decorating...I am in search mode...don't worry!

a view of the bed along with side table and curtain (made by yours truly)

still using her old armoire that matched her crib

full view of the new bed (I need to get a bedskirt asap to cover up the lovely mattress underneath!)

using our old bookshelf from our study in Austin...it goes quite nice in that spot I think

and the little munchkin laying on the couch watching Dora after a good night's sleep in the big girl bed :)

2 comments:

Damon and Erin said...

We are about to change Avery's convertible crib into her big girl bed too! Glad to hear Camryn did so well with the transition...pray that Avery does too! We are SOOOOO excited to see you guys next week! Cayden really wants to play with Loren and I know Avery and Camryn will have fun together too!

Laura said...

Oh my gosh, could she be any more of a mini-Maryann?? I can not believe how much she looks like you!!!! She's adorable, and a rock star for going to her BGB so easily! I'm keeping Michael in his crib until he is 10. ;)

Her room looks fab. how did you make those curtains? Do they draw up and down?