Thursday, July 2, 2009

Week in Review

Friday afternoon we were so glad to have our good friends the DeVores come in for a visit! Jason also brought and installed a new wrought iron fence for us between the garage and house (he works for a fencing company). It took he and Clay 7 long hours, but the end results is great!! (Another HUGE thanks to Jason!!) We enjoyed lots of swimming, eating and hanging out over the weekend. We especially enjoyed our nice "adult" dinner out Saturday night!

the kiddos eatin by the pool


Saturday afternoon trip for ice cream and fountains






Sunday afternoon I spent much of the day at church decorating for VBS, and then Clay's parents came in that evening. Clay turned the big 3-2 on Monday!! We enjoyed swimming that evening with him and then having a nice dinner! Monday also started VBS, and oddly enough I got moved from 2nd grade to the 2 year old room. Do I not get my fill of toddlers as it is?? It ended up being fun though, and those little kids were soo cute!!

Tuesday we celebrated our 8th anniversary too! Clay brought home beautiful red roses and he picked up Carabas for dinner. We didn't feel the need to go out again since we had just gone out for a very nice dinner on Saturday night! We enjoyed it a lot, even if Loren was talking in our ear during our whole dinner ;) It really is hard to believe that was 8 years and 2 kids ago!! We have been so blessed over the last 10 years that Clay and I have been together!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Do you guys have a pool? I"m so jealous.

Happy Anniversary! I think of you guys every year since ours are so close. I can't believe it was 8 years ago that I was lucky enough to be a part of your beautiful day.

Tell Clay I adore his shirt in that picture! I'm always buying shirts like that for Danny.

The girls are precious, as always.
Have a good 4th!
xoxo

Tammy said...

Happy Anniversary! I forgot that we share the exact anniversary! Hope you are enjoying your summer... I love the pictures!!!