Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day of Preschool

Today was the first day of preschool for the girls. I had considered titling this post "FREEDOM" because that is how I felt knowing I now have 5 hours each Tues/Thurs to myself!



Loren was thrilled to be going to school, and so excited to see many familiar faces from last year in her class. When I picked Loren up she said school was amazing.



Camryn was a little more apprehensive, but her biggest struggle was not when I left, but when she had to leave her lunch box in it's assigned spot in the hallway. I was also unsure how she would do with the napping...when I pulled out her nap mat the last few days to get her acquainted with it, she ran off screaming into the other room and would not even look at it. hmmm. not a good start. When I picked her up today she was asleep on the floor next to it. I am not certain if she started off on the nap mat or not...but at least she was sleeping :) The teachers said she did well, and I am glad about that...not bad for the first day!


3 comments:

lorilauden said...

That last picture is so sweet! Hope you had a great day of "FREEDOM"! You deserve it :).

Damon and Erin said...

Yay! Sounds just like Cayden and Avery! Cayden loves it and Avery is very apprehensive, but she did better on Thursday than she did on Tuesday. The nap mat was a concern for me too with Avery, but she did ok with it! Glad to hear it went good!

clayhicks47 said...

Wait..."FREEDOM"???
Aren't you supposed to cry or something when you drop the kids off at school for the first time?
What's wrong with this picture???